linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Saturday, May 13, 2006

no.1 | Kudos to Severin


early sketch
Originally uploaded by martina melitta.
Kudos to ... is my chance to thank all the people who almost sacrificed their soul to help me finishing my college projects, in the last 6 years.
-------------------------------
Today I'd like to start with a simple sketch I did 4 years ago, in spring 2002:

Sevi sacrificed a pair of headphones to make this sketch (and the following painting) possible.
We did a project for a local radio station in Vienna and everybody got a square canvas and the oportunity to express his thoughts about the station in a picture. I chose to depict a pair of headphones that would look like two parrots looking at each other(wtf), because, isn't that the first thing that pops into your head when you hear the word radio station? So this is one of the first sketches I did and later on the finished piece, there would be these two big parrot heads looking rather dumb at each other, coloured in yellow and blue.
Anyway, when I told Sevi that I needed a pair of headphones for my project, he didn't hesitate a bit to help me out with a pair of his'. Was ich übrigens furchtbar nett von dir gefunden hab.

And next time: Sara selling cigarettes.

1 Comments:

Blogger simo said...

and now: Put your hands together for no.1 : SEVI!!! boooka!

5/13/2006 03:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home