linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A project that changes people's perception

It's always difficult to comment on somebody else's design projects - I'm even trying to explain it: For all the German readers, C*** is the swearword; You can't go much stronger in cussing. The lovely girl on the picture is Emma and within her project she's looking for ways of expressing the meaning of the word and - more interrestingly she is looking at how the word changes "on" different people.

She asked me to wear it as well, so she could take a picture. I agreed to try it on, because I knew she needed it for her projects, but also because apparently the c-word doesn't bother me at all. To me it's one English word among many others.

But, when I'm thinking about the German equivalent - wow, I don't think I'd ever want to have that written in bold letters across my chest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolina said...

Aber, aber Lieblingstante Martina. Papa sagt aber auch, dass er im Englischen die ganzen Woerter oft hintereinander sagen kann, ohen dass sie ihn beruehren im Gegensatz zu den deutschen.

4/05/2006 08:51:00 pm  
Blogger Martina said...

Ja, da siehst einmal in welche Familie du da geraten bist. Lauter freizügige Verwandte hast du.

4/05/2006 09:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home