linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What's the Motto for this year

It all started in 2003, when I decided to give the summer a slogan:
I was sitting in Vienna, outside at Cafe Blaustern after school and decided that, in order to find love, I had to endue my quest for happiness with a positive notion. So I got up and announced to my friends the Summer Of Love! - Well, unless I count the sad love for chocolate or the love a dog shows to it's owner, I was missing out. After all, it was the male, handsome, sexy kind of love I was after.

So in summer 2004 I got a bit more cautious with my motto. I went for Summer Of Sex, Drugs And Rock'n'Roll! (I heard it had worked for previous generations.) And it did work, when I discovered mother bar early that year, I had finally found a place with a decent dancefloor that doesn't charge at the door. I was dancing ...
I can't remember whether I had a motto in 2005, but it doesn't matter anyway. The year of natural disasters didn't work well for me - it was one horrible year.
In 2006 I didn't choose a motto, but a friend of mine decided to dedicate the whole year to love. 2006 - the year of love! She found lots of love - sad love - BUT ... love.

So, and now it's 2007 and I'm thinking to generalise my slogan, something a bit more vague. 2007 the year of Rectitude? of Adventure? of Mouse?

4 Comments:

Blogger simo said...

I think mine is: 2007-the year of maturity...

bäh, boring.. wanted to have the year of friction, but just because i love the word.. so maturity is good, but boring.. probably I can find a suitable adjective...

1/02/2007 03:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iiih, maturity! That's too close to maternity so watch out, you don't want to dedicate the next 20 years to nurture-ity.
What about the year of *.* !
(Although very geeky, it remains very variable)

1/02/2007 04:40:00 pm  
Blogger andi said...

mine is: LIVE PLAN B!!!!!

1/02/2007 04:49:00 pm  
Blogger simo said...

and I DO know what andrea is doing in her Plan C, so I hope Plan B will work out.. I can tell you.. it is a bit scary.. but log on to eBay in a month and search for "andis undies japanese" muhahahhahha..

1/02/2007 08:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home