linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Sunday, March 19, 2006

You should see me on a Sunday

I looked through one of Maija's books about slogans and found some I want to share with you, because if taken out of context they're quite funny - or just bad.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
Alka-Seltzer; US from 1972
Make your Armpit you Charm Pit. Stopette spray deodorant; US, current early 1950s
The sun never sets on the British Empire because god doesn't trust the Brits in the dark. Irish Republican placard during New York visit of Prince Charles, June 1981
Don't do it, Di! Feminist badge prior to royal wedding, UK, 1981
Hapiness is egg-shaped. UK, selling eggs
Next to myself I like BVD's best. BVD'S (comfortable, loosefitting underwear) US from 1920

And well, You should see me on a Sunday (Knoght's Family Health Soap, UK quoted 1941) this slogan shows how times have changed since then. Because if you see me on a Sunday I'll be hair down, no make-up and in trackies, painting my nails. This is my Sunday - at least today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Nice slogans. they're worth a good laugh.

Anyway, thanks for the comment on my blog. I started playing with this thing not too long ago so I'm still figuring things out...

Oh yeah, I have to disagree with you on the whole job thing but to each his (her) own...
Dan

3/19/2006 11:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home