linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Thursday, May 18, 2006

no.2 | Kudos to Sara


Gotcha
Originally uploaded by martina melitta.
Kudos to ... is my chance to thank all the people who almost sacrificed their soul to help me finishing my college projects, in the last 6 years.
-------------------------------
Today I'd like to tell you about the 327 pictures I took to get this "ad" right in 2001:

I asked Sara if she had the time to come over and I would take a few pictures of her, for a project of mine. I told her that it would take about half an hour but obviously I didn't take my photography skills into account.
The brief asked for a quick shot on tobacco advertising for Christmas. Great! So the next weekend, I grabed my Mum's Advent wreath (because of Christmas) and combined it with Sara, because sex sells. Unfortunately I'm a bad photographer and in general, there is a reason why I prefer type to pictures. And this meant that Sara had to go through almost a pack of lit cigarettes before I managed to take a picture that wasn't either blurred or showing a laughing Sara, because she had to clench quite a bit to stay in that pose.
Today I'd say that the picture is too cheesy to be true, but I still think that Sara looks damn good in that photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger simo said...

Ay ay ay Sarita, que bonita! Sarah always had to be the smoker in martina's campaigns.. I also remember the movie we made for pseudo H&M when Sarah was the sexy, smoking, diva actrice and I just offered my car to be in the background.. :(

5/18/2006 12:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home