linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

who the f.. is alice

Man, I just came back from a concert at birdland, a nice jazz club in Vienna. And first I didn't really wanna go because it was kind of a business trip with my boss and some of our co-workers. BUT I had the honor to listen to miss(es?) Alice Russell and this gal is a bomb! Amazing voice, fantastic musicans and a hell of a party on stage! freaky cool, is all I can say. The reason of me telling you, is that you all quickly go to your more or less legal downsauging software and type in alice russell.. and of course buy one of her CDs afterwards.. She did a cover of Andre 3000's "dracula's wedding" and one of the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army". Yeah, baby. !OYE! here's a link to a live recording - download it, that's quicker.. but now I need my sleep. And I will dream of tomorrow... because tomorrow... hehehe...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you. I read about her concert but totally missed that that's her that worked with Nostalgia 77 :D

I'm glad she's playing tonight as well :D

3/22/2006 12:20:00 pm  
Blogger simo said...

and wow, that you read our blog! Go there and enjoy the amazing concert! But don't go there too late. It was sold out yesterday and a good view is rare at birdland! I would love to see it again.. next time!

3/22/2006 02:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home