linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Thursday, August 31, 2006

So far

More than one week in Philadelphia. Today was much colder than the previous hot, moist days that made my life filled with useless sweat since I arrived. But what's really scary is that the taxi driver, who drove me from the airport to the flat told me that autumn is going to start in one and a half week. Ta ta ta!!! Today, exactly two and a half weeks later, the weather changes dramatically. It's cold. The neighbor even switched off his air condition today in the morning, after months of continuous air conditioning, he got the desired temperature. Now it's switched on again, he's probably put the heating on.
Another fascinating thing are the tattoos. So, so many people have names tattooed on their arms or legs and I can't figure out if it's their own names or somebody else's. Maybe people here are very optimistic and tattoo the name of their loved ones on their skin. In my opinion that's just too silly, cos who knows whether Mark will be the love of your life, or if you'll still like Cindy after you've found out what she did with your best friend. Well, well I guess the only things one knows for sure are things from the past. Maybe in 50 years time, I'll get a name right, but till then I write my names with a pen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello. i want to see my name tattooed on some1 one day. If u see any 'MAY' on any1, please go up and ask for a photo..cheers

ps- i have just realised that non bloggers can post comments..doh

9/02/2006 02:52:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home