linzblog

für alle linzer wiener und wiener linzer und aus g'roaste

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

a festival Underberg


a festival Underberg
Originally uploaded by martina melitta.

Uh, where shall I start? First of all, I survived my first festival and it was great. A bit unexpected, but great!!
On Friday morning, I got a text from Lucy asking me if I'd like to go to the Hi-Fi south festival in Winchester and I said yes. Friday evening, we went to buy a tent and food for the weekend. Saturday we took the tube, the train and a bus to arrive at the campsite and I was glad that we managed to built the tent before the rain started. Regarding the weather, we had it all. Thin english rain, thick clouds and wind, sunshine, heavy showers and even hail; With the result that I am now sunburnt but caught a tiny cold.
I didn't really know what kind of music I should expect and to be honest it did come as a surprise when I saw the festival area for the first time and realised that the dj's weren't going to play "hey jude" by the Beatles. (But I heared "nice weather for ducks" by Lemon Jelly) And what else did we see: A tired Kharma 45, and a cool hyperactive Go Team. The Super Fury Animals (bäh) in shiny blue overalls (doulbe bäh), a great, great Mylo, the end of the Scratching Perverts but the whole of the Stanton Warrors. And I wanted to dance to James Zabiela forever. Forever!
On Sunday, we started the afternoon relaxed with the Envelopes and Wiservice and soon warmed up with Crazy P and by the time we saw Jon Carter we were already raveing along. Later we saw catchy-tune Kosheen and funny Lemon Jelly, yeay. Paul Oakenfold, the Audio bullys and and and ... It was really great and I am so glad that Lucy won that tickets and that she asked me to come with her and that I got the Saturday off from work. That's a triple yeay from me to you. I'm happy!

and even more pics.



early morning
Originally uploaded by martina melitta.

Kosheen
Originally uploaded by martina melitta.

3 Comments:

Blogger simo said...

the underberg is your best friend now..!? It even reliefs you from rave-resentiments!! Rave on, kleines Ravemädchen!

5/31/2006 11:40:00 am  
Blogger Martina said...

Ich würd ja sagen er hilft in allen Lebenslagen

5/31/2006 04:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did somebody say Wiservice?

10/30/2006 05:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home